Hear Nebraska is going vinyl.
Our second compilation album — Hear Nebraska: Vol. 2 — features 10 outstanding songs from Nebraska’s finest contemporary bands. On 12-inch, solid-orange vinyl, the album is a masterfully crafted, sonically stellar collectible that will serve as an integral Nebraska historical document.
Plus, it rocks.
We’re preselling the album through this Kickstarter campaign. Money raised will cover production costs — no more, no less.
It’s an excellent way to directly support Hear Nebraska, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit cultural organization that cultivates the state's vibrant, fertile music and arts community. But there are other obvious reasons to back this project:
- Limited to a mere 500 pressings, it’s sure to be a collector’s item.
- The album art was designed by Eric Nyffeler, the guy behind Lincoln’s Doe Eyed, who — along with serving as HN’s art director — creates art daily for clients ranging from Gotye to Dave Matthews, Andrew Bird to The Black Keys.
- The album was mastered by renowned Omaha engineer Doug Van Sloun (Focus Mastering). Doug and Eric donated their work to the project.
But the best reason to pre-buy the record is the album’s lineup. The following Nebraska bands (from rock to country to hip-hop to folk) donated their songs to this compilation:
1. Universe Contest | “The Day the Earth Took Pills” from the upcoming full-length, We Are the Rattlesnake
2. Pleasure Adapter | “Everything Has Been Erased” from the band’s self-titled EP
3. Noah’s Ark Was a Spaceship | “Caucasian Meditation” from the LP You Need You
4. Millions of Boys | “Dudcats” from Competing for Your Love
5. Tim Kasher | “American Lit” from the Saddle Creek Records release Adult Film
6. Skypiper | “Even If” from the Troubledoer EP
7. Conchance | “The Dead Daylight,” previously unreleased
8. McCarthy Trenching | “29” from a Love Drunk Session
9. Lloyd McCarter | “Big Time” from Tired of Being Me
10. Simon Joyner | “Javelin,” recorded live at Hear Nebraska’s An Evening event
The Release Concert
Join us for the album's release concert at The Waiting Room on Friday, December 27 with Simon Joyner, Pleasure Adapter, Conchance and Universe Contest.
Where The Money Goes
The campaign’s proceeds will offset the costs of producing the vinyl, via Furnace Manufacturing.
About Hear Nebraska
Hear Nebraska is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit whose mission is to make Nebraska a globally recognized cultural destination by covering, promoting and documenting its music and art. Since launching in January 2011, we've published more than 10,000 unique pieces of journalistic coverage at hearnebraska.org, and welcomed more than 1 million pageviews. We've produced nearly 75 events, inviting music fans to experience our state's sound in intimate settings, big venues and and busy street corners. We’ve also trained nearly 30 interns.
We hustle to connect with arts lovers and leaders across the world as we work to make the Nebraska not just the center of the country, but the heart of the cultural universe.
Hear Nebraska: Vol. 2 is a calling card we're eager to disseminate worldwide.
Thanks in advance for your support! And if you have any questions, please email email@example.com.