Hear Nebraska meaningfully connects and engages fans, artists and communities through music journalism, education and events.
Hear Nebraska strives to make the state a globally recognized cultural destination.
THIS IS HOW WE DO IT:
We develop and provide exposure for Nebraska’s music, arts and creative industry.
- We produce engaging multimedia journalism that showcases Nebraska artists, venues and arts-related organizations.
- We disseminate these stories to the world through our robust social social media channels and website. (While 60% of our website audience hails from Nebraska, 40% comes from outside the state, including 7% from other countries.)
- Along with highlighting Nebraska musicians through HN Radio — and our statewide events calendar — our website serves as a de facto press kit for bands and venues.
We illustrate and create reasons for young people to invest and stay in Nebraska.
- We produce and promote exciting events that provide compelling reasons to start businesses and raise families here.
- We eagerly collaborate with statewide organizations and businesses, curating original, Nebraska music for their events.
- We actively support tourism efforts, having earned the Nebraska Tourism Commission’s 2012 “Friend of Tourism” award.
- By developing this largely untapped natural resource, we directly impact economic development.
We train and educate the next generation of Nebraska’s leaders, while increasing arts appreciation and state pride.
- Our interns and contributors develop valuable multimedia and leadership skills — and killer portfolios — producing challenging, rewarding content.
- Through our diverse programming, we help to build a more positive, inclusive, creative cultural community.
- We document and preserve critical Nebraska cultural history, providing access to a wide audience.
HN's executive email@example.com
HN’s co-founder is a fourth-generation Nebraskan, born in Grant and raised in Imperial. A graduate of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln journalism school, he served as managing editor of Omaha alternative newsweeklies Omaha City Weekly and The Reader before earning his master’s in environmental journalism at Michigan State University. He and his wife, Angie, created HN (which began as his master’s project) in 2010. He became an official employee of Hear Nebraska in May 2014. He lives with Angie and their son, Townsend, in Omaha’s Benson neighborhood.
HN's co-founder / firstname.lastname@example.org
HN's program email@example.com
Aaron joined up at Hear Nebraska in May 2015 as Programming Manager. After earning his BA in Music Performance from the University of Nebraska at Omaha, Aaron spent a long period of his career working multiple jobs, including adjunct professor of music technology at Iowa Western, assistant manager at Slowdown, equipment manager and staffer at Omaha Girls Rock, Slumber Party Records, Teal Cat Project, sound engineer, video editor, and as an active member in the local music community. While he’ll continue to play music and volunteer at Omaha Girls Rock in his spare time, Aaron is looking forward to focusing his efforts full time at Hear Nebraska.
HN's managing firstname.lastname@example.org
Stellmon joined Hear Nebraska as an editorial intern in Fall 2014 after a handful of contributions that included an oral history of Lincoln’s Box Awesome. HN hired him on as staff writer in April 2015. A Kansas City, Mo., native, Stellmon moved to Lincoln in August 2007 to attend the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. He graduated with Distinction in May 2011 with a Bachelor’s Degree in History and Sociology. He enjoys TV dramas, barroom pool, Robespierre jokes and is a die-hard Royals baseball fan. He currently resides in Lincoln.
HN's visuals email@example.com
Chris Dinan became Visuals Editor in July 2015 after years of steadily contributing photo and video content to the site. Born and raised in Omaha, Chris obtained a Philosophy degree at the University of Nebraska-Omaha. He’s not really sure why he did that either.
Board of Directors
Kendra Whitlock Ingram
vice president - programming and education
omaha performing firstname.lastname@example.org
general counsel & managing director
javlin capital email@example.com
seim johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org
director - digital & social media
union pacific email@example.com
vice president - business development
sergeant’s pet care firstname.lastname@example.org
director, community engagement
blue cross and blue shield of email@example.com
chief financial officer
heartland family firstname.lastname@example.org
director of development & engagement
editorial intern — email@example.com
lincoln multimedia firstname.lastname@example.org
lincoln editorial email@example.com
editorial intern — firstname.lastname@example.org
editorial intern — email@example.com
lincoln multimedia firstname.lastname@example.org
Chelsea Schlievert Yates